Are you interested in qualifying as a class 1 and 2 (motorbike) MOT tester?
To test classes 1 and 2 you will need to complete two consecutive days of MOT training. No qualifications or accreditations are necessary to undertake this course.
Who might be interested in taking this course?
This qualification is developed for those individuals who wish to qualify as an MOT Tester for classes 1 and 2. Achievement of this qualification enables them to apply to undertake the DVSA final demonstration test, enabling them to MOT test motorbikes
To become a motorbike MOT tester you need to:
- have a current and full UK driving licence for classes 1 & 2
- be a skilled mechanic with at least four years in full-time employment in the service – and repair – of the vehicle types to be tested
- have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- be of good repute
NB: To test classes 1 & 2 no formal qualification is needed.
The course will cover theory and practical MOT training on being an MOT tester. There are 5 parts to the course:
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
- Working relationships within the vehicle test centre
- Managing your own professional development as an MOT tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for an MOT test
- Carrying out an MOT test