The Level 3 Light Vehicle Inspection course is your first step in becoming a qualified MOT tester
If you have at least 4 years motor industry experience but no qualifications, this course is the perfect, practical, non-academic way to demonstrate individual capability, providing independent proof of current competence, knowledge and skills.
To do this course, you must be familiar with the techniques for vehicle servicing, inspection and system(s) diagnosis.
The Light Vehicle Inspection route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the inspection, maintenance and repair of light vehicles.
This level requires the technician to complete the following modules:
Emission System – Inspection – AOM 071
Electrical Systems – Inspection – AOM 072
Braking System – Inspection – AOM 073
Steering & Suspension System – Inspection – AOM 074
Vehicle Structure – Inspection – AOM 075 *
Vehicle Appraisal – Inspection – AOM 076
*NB: this module is a knowledge only assessment consisting of 10 online questions. This test is mandatory to complete as well as the overall 30 question test covering the remaining modules.
Key Benefits on Offer
- High quality resources that will assist students’ learning
- Cost-effective support resources
- Tracking system enabling teachers to monitor learners’ progress
- Tailored learning for students through a variety of learning methods
- Access to practice questions to help prepare learners for examination
How long is the course?
- 1-Day Assessment only qualification (for the talented and experienced technician)
- 3-Day Training and assessment qualification
- 8-Day Training and assessment qualification with a 100% pass rate